Perform work involving the skills of two or more maintenance or craft occupations to keep machines, mechanical equipment, or the structure of an establishment in repair. Duties may involve pipe fitting; boiler making; insulating; welding; machining; carpentry; repairing electrical or mechanical equipment; installing, aligning, and balancing new equipment; and repairing buildings, floors, or stairs.
- Zone Maintenance Technician
- Water Purification Systems Service Technician
- Trouble Shooting Mechanic
- Trouble Shooter
- Stationary Engineer
- Repairer, Maintenance, Building
- Process Technician
- Plant Maintenance Technician
- Mobile Home Lot Utility Worker
- Methane Capturing System Maintenance Worker
- Lay brick to repair or maintain buildings, walls, arches, or other structures.
- Design new equipment to aid in the repair or maintenance of machines, mechanical equipment, or building structures.
- Grind and reseat valves, using valve-grinding machines.
- Estimate costs to repair machinery, equipment, or building structures.
- Position, attach, or blow insulating materials to prevent energy losses from buildings, pipes, or other structures or objects.
- Fabricate or repair counters, benches, partitions, or other wooden structures, such as sheds or outbuildings.
- Inspect used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements, using rules, calipers, micrometers, or other measuring instruments.
- Provide groundskeeping services, such as landscaping or snow removal.
- Align and balance new equipment after installation.
- Train or manage maintenance personnel or subcontractors.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RCI.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional and Investigative environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Relationships and Independence in their jobs.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Building and Construction - Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Equipment Maintenance - Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Repairing - Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Most occupations in this zone require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree.
In 2013, the average annual wage in Washington was $41,240 with most people making between $24,670 and $60,330
Washington projection information is not available
Industry breakdown is not available for this occupation
collegeLanier Technical College
collegeBishop State Community College
collegeJefferson State Community College
majorRailroad and Railway Transportation
onetWelders, Cutters, and Welder Fitters
collegeAtlanta Technical College